Monday, May 23, 2011

Carblovers- Week One Review

Today officially marks the day I've been on Carblover's for exactly one week. (If you don't already know, I've been doing the Carblover's Diet since last Monday.)

I have to say, the diet is not it's all cracked up to be. I feel a bit naive, but this diet is really just a low calorie diet. Not that it's bad- it's just not some "revolutionary" idea. I was hoping (or rather dreaming?) that with a title like Carblovers, I'd get to eat all of the pizza and tortilla chips I wanted, and lose weight! Wouldn't that be awesome. heh.

The first week of the diet has me eating a 1200 calorie diet. And despite the claims of the book that "you'll never be hungry!", I'm hungry all of the time. All. Of. The. Time.

But, I will say, I like the food and the recipes and it seems like I'm getting some good results. So all-in-all, I'm happy with the diet. I just wish I wasn't hungry. But, hey- losing weight isn't easy. At least I get to eat bananas. I'm bananas for bananas.

Here's a sampling of some of the food I've been eating this week.


Starting weight: 136
Current Weight: 131

Food:
Day 1
Breakfast: Banana Shake
Lunch: Big Chopped Salad
Dinner: Cuban Chicken (cheat)
Snack: Greek Yogurt + Honey + Rolled Oats
Cheat: One LARGE sweet tea Mojito (Hey... I was out with my good friend who I haven't seen in months. It was warranted.) Cuban Chicken from Mixto.

Day 2
Breakfast: Banana + Oatmeal +Walnuts
Lunch: Grilled Chicken + Pepper Pita
Dinner: Salmon, Potato + Salad
Snack: Cornflakes, Dried Cranberries + Almond trail mix
Cheat: None

Day 3
Breakfast: Banana Shake
Lunch: Express Lunch Plate (One Hard-Boiled Egg, One Apple, Cheddar Cheese Slices)
Dinner: Black Bean Tacos
Snack: Cornflakes, Dried Cranberries + Almond trail mix
Cheat: None

Day 4
Breakfast: Banana + Kellogs Special K Bar
Lunch: Tuna Melt on Rye
Dinner: Big Chopped Salad
Snack: Cornflakes, Dried Cranberries + Almond trail mix
Cheat: None

Day 5
Breakfast: Banana + Oatmeal +Walnuts
Lunch: Big Chopped Salad
Dinner: Pasta with Veggies + Feta
Snack: White Bean Dip + Crudites
Cheat: About 5 Fried Pickles, Half of a Regular Margarita from Jose Pistola's + One small Skinny Girl Margarita

Day 6
Breakfast: Banana Shake
Lunch: Express Lunch Plate (One Hard-Boiled Egg, One Apple, Cheddar Cheese Slices)
Dinner: Chicken Pasta Primavera
Snack: Tortilla Chips + Black Beans + Salsa
Cheat: None

Day 7
Breakfast: Banana + Almond Butter on Rye Toast
Lunch: Progresso High Fiber Minestrone Soup + Melba Rye Toast
Dinner: Burger on Wheat Bun + Three Bean Salad
Snack: Cornflakes, Dried Cranberries + Almond trail mix
Cheats: None

As you can see, I cheated a little bit. But I still lost, which is good. I was miserable for a better part of the week, due to the hunger.

On to phase two: The 21 Day Immersion!

No comments:

Labels